Great Dentistry Takes Practice

When it comes to dentistry and medicine, "practice" does make perfect.  But I wanted to add, practice with the intention to get better every time, makes more of a difference.  There are some diagnosis or procedures I would not have came up with just a few years out of school.  Below are the restorations I recently did.  They certainly look a little better than the ones I've done 15 years ago when I started my career.  Having done over 10,000+ restorations, my restorations probably should look this good. However, if one practices with the same methods, same techniques - even after 10,000 restorations, the results will look the same.

We constantly tweak, evolve, and adjust our methods.  Having three dentists in the office certainly helps.  With combined 50+ years of practice, we share ideas, methods, to do things more efficiently and better.  We admire each other's work but also learn from each other's mistakes.  They all results in better patient care.  Not only our restorations are better, so are our crowns, veneers, TMJ diagnosis, surgery outcomes, etc.

Sometimes I jokingly tell my patients:  "My absolute best work will come the day before I retire", which is the truth - because I constantly learn and evolve to be better.  But rest assured, you'll always be getting our "Best Stuff" available at our disposal at that given time when you are sitting in chair.

Dental decay on two bicuspids
Immediately after all the decay is removed

Instant gratification: Two restorations nicely blended in shade, color, and with perfect seal

Popular posts from this blog

Airway Centered Dentistry

Message from Our Hygiene Team 3/22/2020

Long Purchasing Cycle of Dentistry